Stress Management in Business: Key to drive Efficiency
Feeling stressed? Don’t worry, most of the business owners today complain about increasing stress levels. Modern life is filled with challenges, deadlines, long working hours, complicated relationships and uncertainty in business environment.
Every business owner works about achieving peak performance but in reality, such results take long term investment of time, money and patience.
Stressing about business process and functions can make you lose the vision and perspective to solve problems in your trade. It takes a lot of energy and focus to put these uncertain stress factors out of your life.
What does it need to get back to the fundamentals? What can you do? It is not about ignoring the daily fires, it is about improving the way you fight the battle. We tell you three simple steps to bust that stress away and focus on your goal.
1. Let’s Be Honest
- Always remember that nothing is certain in this world. Anything negative happening to you or your business process can be improved and worked upon. Don’t neglect realities rather focus on the solution to the problem.
- Before rushing into the flame, take notes of your greater purpose and put the fire in context. Always remember why you started before ending anything.
- Be honest with your employees, partners, fellow leaders, customers and everybody who makes the engine of your work run as you are not alone.
- Don’t be afraid to answer, being honest might help you reduce stress at work and who knows, by sharing the issues you might get a great way to fight with it.
- It is important to be transparent with your employees so that they know what they need to focus on. Involve them in strategic planning so that they can feel a part of the business process.
2. Take tough decisions with a balanced approach
- The worst thing we do in uncertain stress situations is to take the wrong decisions. Many business owners take hasty decision around the most vital aspects of the business.
- Never cut the communication in any tough situation, it often misguides your decision making.
- You may fail to take note of the larger context if you focus only on the bottom line while ignoring your fellows and team-mates.
- You will always rise in the process to fight with stress when you understand and work towards dual benefits- of the company and of your employees.
- Improve your problem-solving skills to help make the challenges thrown at you more manageable. It is a process of identifying stressors and creating strategies to reduce stress at work.
- Add this powerful tool to your stress management toolbox.
3. Return to your core
- Always remember what is the foundation and values of your company, I am sure you had a purpose.
- Stress makes us lose sight of the core things we are working for during tough times.
- Do not play the blame game rather focus on the issue that is creating the stress in your business process.
- Recall the previous stress and problem that you have solved and use your previous learnings.
Top emergency stress stoppers
An emergency stress stopper can help you to defuse the stress for the moment. Here are some points to remember:-
Counting 10 before you speak or react can reduce stress at work.
* Take a few deep breaths until your body starts to relax.
* Take a walk to break the stress and give you a chance to think freshly.
* Take out some time to meditate for mental relief.
* Instead of solving the whole problem, try to break it in parts and then solve it.
* Listen to some motivational speeches or songs. It will help you to deal with rage and reduce stress at work.
* Workout if you are feeling stress. Exercising is the best antidote for stress.
In the end, do remember to be honest with yourself and your employees about what's working and what needs to be changed. Make tough decisions in the greater context and you will find the peak closer than you thought.